"We've been custom making tarps for over 40 years. Creating covers of all shapes and sizes for customers all over the world".
Market leaders in tautliner curtainside solutions
We design and manufacture bespoke lorry tautliner curtains to suit all types of vehicles and trailers: articulated trailers, cargo lorries, pick-ups, commercial vehicles and domestic vehicles.
All our lorry curtains are designed and manufactured to the highest of standards. We have been manufacturing products for the transportation industry for 40 years!
We can supply new curtains for new vehicles or replacement ones for existing vehicles. Cunningham tautliner curtains are manufactured in heavy-duty 900g/m² PVC coated polyester fabric. This material has a larquered gloss finish and UV protection on both sides. It is extremely hardwearing and well suited for use in extreme weather conditions.
In-house design service, graphics and artwork
You can provide us with your own design or our skilled designers can layout your curtainside graphics to help display your company or services in the best possible way. We can source images for you if you don’t have any in mind, and help you structure your graphics for maximum impact. Contact us on 045 560 010 for a quotation. All artwork and graphics is done in-house including sign writing, high quality digital print and vinyl graphics.
We offer a repair service, carrying out small and large repairs on tarpaulins and curtain sided vehicles. Using portable hot air welding equipment we’re able to repair rips, tears and slashes quickly.
We have all the necessary equipment and experience to fit lorry curtains for you. We like to make certain all our manufactured lorry curtains fit perfectly.
- Manufactured in heavy duty 900gms PVC coated polyester fabric. This material has a larquered gloss finish and UV protection on both sides. It is extremely hardwearing and available in an extensive range of colours.
- 50mm wide reinforcement bands are welded vertically from buckle to roller. 50mm wide PVC coated webbing is high frequency welded on the inside of the curtain. Vertical reinforcement bands are normally positioned to suit the trailer and also provide strong fixing locations for buckles and rollers. Horizontal reinforcement bands are positioned on the top edge, bottom edge and buckle line of the curtain, and additional wear bands can be added on request.
- Rollers are fitted to suit the trailer track. They are riveted or bolted to the reinforcement bands on the curtains. We stock a variety of roller styles and tracking.
- Buckles and straps secure the bottoms of the curtains to the trailer. We offer a range of buckles including plastic eurobuckles stainless steel pull-down and stainless steel over-centre. They are also used to generate tension in the curtains. Buckles are bolted to the reinforcement bands on the curtains and the straps are secured to the bottom of the trailer rave.
- Reinforced pockets or beading are located on the ends of the curtains to attach to aluminium tensioning poles to connect to the tensioning mechanism on the trailer. All pockets are reinforced with double thickness PVC.
- We can supply new or replacement aluminium poles.
- We offer full in-house livery design, application and graphics.
We’re in Naas
Located in Naas, Co. Kildare, Cunningham’s have been manufacturing bespoke covers for over 40 years. We have made covers for the toughest environments and understand the importance of protecting your trailers’ contents and making a curtain that is going to last.